Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Springtime in Oregon

Today being the first day of spring here in Oregon. Or Ostara as my Celtic ancestors would say. We woke up to our usual dose of liquid sunshine. Living in a majestic part of the world has it's draw backs. This winter seemed overly long, dreary and wet. How I await the return of the sun.

My spirits were lifted by visits from some our woodland friends that call our backyard and the nearby forest their home. Since the addition of Raja Moon our chug doggie. They are a bit more timid. If only they knew she just wants to play. However, they realize that food is always a plenty and they are most welcome to stay.

While I love the sound of rain upon the windows, Curling up with a good book in front of the fire, during these cool months. With anticipation, I wait for the long hot days of summer. Family barbeques, water fights, walks along the trail, taking in the scent of lilacs and roses in the air.

Far off in the distance, those times seem. For the grass I long to feel between my barefoot toes, is now lost beneath muddy puddles. Evidence that winter is hanging on. Within the rays of hope radiating from the sky, streaming through the trees at this very moment. I find comfort. Maybe I should put on some rubber boots, embrace the present. Take the time to splash in those puddles. For, soon enough I will look back, longing for their return.



Our backyard lovingly known today as the swamp.


The one dry day we had this month. The critters came out to eat and play.


Summertime memories

3 comments:

  1. It still looks so magical no matter how swampy it may look!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the pics from your yard. you've posted some "way back" and i fell in love with it; your yard. you should always post pics.

    now if i can figure out how to link our blogs...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like our typical oregon 1st day of spring lol. Love the pics of your critters.

    ReplyDelete